Monday, March 1, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday


The weather in my neck of the woods:
sunny and cold - heard a rumor we may see 40 this week!


One of my simple pleasures:
being able to sit and watch HGTV for 30 minutes


On my bedside table:
Redefining Beautiful by Jenna Lucado and the good ol' NKJV!


On my TV: Off!


On the menu for tonight:
Garlickly Hoisin beef stir fry - my hub's favorite meal!


On my To Do List:
finish the laundry, unload and reload dishwasher, sweep kitchen floor, wipe down bathroom


New Recipe I tried last week:
Well....nothing new. It was a good old fashioned use what we had week, kinda.


In the craft basket:
craft basket?! I have nothing and feel like a loser for that, thank-you-very-much...


Looking forward to:
Bible study tonight with a friend, which also means...Starbucks! :)


Homemaking Tip for this week:
Pick it up as you go. When you see things laying around...put them away right then - saves on a big mess later.


Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):
A year of slow cooking grabbed my attention with the word, CARNITAS! yes please! Also, my blogger friend Tiffany and her family are turning a page in the book of their lives...very cool! I love watching families get the calling into full time ministry!






Favorite photo from last week:
My girl and her ball pit! Sheer joy!


Lesson learned the past few days:
My attitude really DOES set the tone in my household. The high calling of HOMEMAKER is more then just the cook...I'm shaping lives and pointing to Christ.


On my Prayer List:
All the preggos...new announcements by the day! (not me)


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Reading "Crazy Love" and super convicted about James words on life as just a vapor...

3 comments:

Amy@My Front Porch said...

Yay for 40 degrees! I've got my fingers crossed :)

becky said...

enjoy Bible study tonight...and have a vanilla latte for me would ya?! :) Enjoy the warm weather...I'm sure you'll be taking in some stroller rides as will we! :)

The Sneaky Mommy said...

Love your Happy Homemaker List! I'm also inspired to get going with my Crazy Love...audio. Might be hard but I'm sure four year olds can gain something from it, right?
It was SO nice to run into Brad this morning at Mars Cafe, but would have loved it even more if you and Ava had been along! :) Someday we'll run into each other, right?