Monday, December 13, 2010

Just another day in paradise

After such a nice, relaxing weekend indoors... I wasn't prepared for what this day held. You see - church was cancelled yesterday morning and we all slept in, the afternoon was lazily spent reading cookbooks and lounging on the couch. The days prior to that were similar. Then, thismorning, my family was all asleep {again} once the clock hit 9am. Perfect, I thought! Another calm, winter day indoors.

WRONG!

Brad woke up and asked me what time it was - when he found out went into overdrive trying to hurry and get ready...he didn't mean to sleep in, we were both kind of waiting on Ava to wake up at 7 like normal. But, Ava was still asleep... after 9. Weird. But, soon enough we heard her chatting so I got her out of bed. She looked tired. We attempted a bowl of Kix for breakfast - of which she took 2 bites and begged to be done. Not normal. And about 3 seconds after that it dawned on me... "uh oh, I think Ava is getting sick." And while I can't yet tell what kind of sick... I know it's coming. The gag reflex when she coughs, wanting to be held constantly and the lathargic lounge on the couch are all tell-tale.

So, most of our morning was spent watching a certain 4 yr old cartoon kid...


My brain will explode if I watch one more episode.
And accompanied with Caillou was lots of...



and...


And while we don't know yet what exactly we are facing with this mystery illness, yet... I'm doing everything just like my mom would do - and somehow, that's comforting, and reminds me that I WILL get through this.

3 comments:

beccarankin said...

Those days are so hard. I'm always grateful when they just feel sick and they don't throw up on top of it. Hope that is the case for you!

Amy@My Front Porch said...

Awww...sorry to hear it :( Hope Ava feels better soon and nobody else gets it!

The Sneaky Mommy said...

I'm so sorry! We had a 7-up, Chicken Noodle Soup, Clementine day awhile back. There's definitely something comforting about those familiar "sick" foods!