Thursday, June 28, 2012

Let's be honest...this is hard.

All in the span of 15 hours things have gotten rough. The three year old is grumpy, disrespectful and just plain ol' acting awful. My wee babe is teething - which, I can handle. But still...more crying there. Nap time is not happening as the three year old is currently kicking her wall and protesting. I could just scream! And, it's hot. It reached over 100 yesterday and its lingering around that today again. So thankful for our central air!

It's no coincidence that the topic of God's Grace is presently on my mind. More specifically the character of God's grace from Psalm 145 -

The Lord is gracious and full of compassion,
Slow to anger and great in mercy. The Lord is good to all,
And His tender mercies are over all His works.

When tempers are hot and patience runs dry and Momma's are missing daddy's... 
When the temptations to not even try surface...
When it seems like everyone in the house just cries all the time...
 I'm thankful for David's words of reminder about the character of MY God. Because on days like this I NEED, we NEED truth. We need to be reminded of WHO our God is and why we need to be like him - imitators... Christians.  Not for the purpose of just looking like Him, but for the ultimate goal of BEING like Him. 

There is a light at the end of this tunnel - it's called Sunday. 
But even when daddy is home and life normalizes - won't the battle against ourselves still wage? I have so much to learn. So thankful for my gracious God.

No comments: