Friday, June 22, 2012

There they go

 
Elevate Students {and a few parents} head to Haiti. 

3am came right on schedule this morning. 
The alarm went off and hubs got up to get ready. I had cried the whole day prior and was thankful that my sleepiness wasn't allowing any more tears today. Today was the day of rejoicing - it was finally here! Months of meetings, planning, fundraising, and praying had all led up to this time. 

I tiptoed downstairs to mumble my goodbyes. I noticed how even at 3:15am he was handsome. It's in these moments where I can actually feel the grace covering me. How I can just say goodbye like that - turn around - and go back to bed. No fear. No panic. Just grace.

They made it to NJ around 10am this morning. They'll spend the day in NYC sightseeing. Tomorrow they'll board a plane and make their way to Port Au Prince, Haiti. Lord willing, we'll see them again next Sunday night. 

I miss him. Already. I knew I would. But I am so excited to see how the Lord uses this time in his life. I can't wait to hear his heart when he comes home. And now I pray and ask God to keep us three safe, here.

1 comment:

Angie said...

God's Grace is definitely something undescribable.