Saturday, June 16, 2012

Summer Days...BBQ's...Bounce Houses

 
Do you remember being a kid and how FUN these things were? I do. And I have to tell you how much I'm loving watching my own children love them now. Well, at least, the 3 year old. :) 

Today we had our church's annual Backyard BBQ and Classic Car show. The parking lot was full of antique and classic cars, people checking them out, tents set up to eat in, etc. And it was HOT HOT HOT! A perfect summer day for a BBQ. 

I'm trying to be very intentional this summer in making each day count. Summer seems to be over in a blink - and, after not really having one after our horrible experience last summer, we want to really make a mark with this year. So far we have done the local pool, our splash park down the street, the farmers market, church bbq and tonight we'll go swimming with the rest of the staff at one of the church members private pool! :)

Hubby heads out of the country on Friday and I'm trying to think of a few creative ideas to do with the girls. I LOVE being home - it's easier, safer {usually}, and free. But, I see how sometimes its almost necessary to get out and get moving. So, what kinds of summer fun things do you do with your families?

*photo taken from SBC fb page :)

1 comment:

Angie said...

Isn't summer the absolute best? I'm so glad you all are getting out and about & enjoying. Your right, it seems to be over in the blink of an eye!!!

We went to a small festival today here in our town and my Little guy who is almost 2 played in his first bounce house!!! He had a blast :)